Ogaden Demonstration Bringing Grievances Over EU-Ethiopia Aid …
June 20, 2012
Ogaden Demonstration Bringing Grievances Over EU-Ethiopia Aid to European Parliament
Place Luxemburg, Brussels
11.00 – 15.00, 21 Jun 2012
Brussels, 20 Jun 2012 – Ogaden communities of a European Union will accumulate during Place Luxemburg, nearby a European Parliament, Brussels, on a 21 Jun 2012 from 11.00 to 15.00 to call on a EU to reassess a smoothness and use of a assist to Ethiopia. The call is being done in an bid to put to an finish to a abuse of Human Rights in Ethiopia perpetrated by a supervision of Prime Minister Meles Zenawi. This is a latest proof to be orderly by Ogaden communities, and one that reinforces a deepening oneness within and between a communities. It builds on a movement generated by a open call for EU movement done in Brussels in Sep 2011, and a conference convened in a European Parliament doubt because a EU’s assist commitments – a largest – has turn an intensely rough regime. The proof will be a arise for a display of a petition addressed to Members of a European Parliament. The petition’s 5 calls for movement are:
- To secrete assist income as prolonged as Ethiopian regime violates a tellurian rights principles;
- To send a monitoring goal to Ogaden that openly investigates a tellurian rights and humanitarian abuse of a municipal population;
- To vigour Ethiopian to accept an general mediated traffic to finish a conflict;
- To give assist directly to a Ogaden people and vigour Ethiopia to concede independent agencies to conduct assist in Ogaden;
- To vigour Ethiopia that has sealed a UN Charter and general laws, both internal and international media, to have giveaway entrance to a Ogaden.
The doing of a order of Law in Ethiopia and a need to defend Human Right in a whole segment stays as dire as ever with a proof intending to lay a belligerent for constructive process and growth assist initiatives to be summarized and implemented.
- USAID Presents New Development Cooperation Strategy for Ethiopia (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- Ethiopian UN Security Official On Trial for Terrorism (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- UN officer guilty of terrorism in Ethiopia (ethiotribune.wordpress.com)
- Detentions display UN’s impotence in Ethiopia (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- Ethiopia: Oil- explorer expects billions of barrels in Ogaden basin (danielberhane.wordpress.com)
- Ethiopian court convicts U.N. security officer of ‘terrorism’ (dailystar.com.lb)
- Ethiopia praised for reducing child mortality (ethiopeaceforum.wordpress.com)
- Ethiopia, USA to sign new US$675 million deal (ethiopeaceforum.wordpress.com)
- Feeding Death Squads? (counterpunch.org)
- Press release concerning the repatriation agreement between Norway and the Meles regime in Ethiopia (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
Posted on June 21, 2012, in AFRICAN NEWS, ETHIOPIA ENGLISH, WORLD NEWS and tagged Africa, Brussels, Ethiopia, European Union, Human rights, Meles zenawi, Ogaden, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.